SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS
Determining which alternative natural gas supplier or marketer best meets your needs is a difficult and confusing task. This manual provides a step-by-step guide that makes the entire process, from start to finish, less complex and more comprehensive. Whether you're a novice or an experienced buyer, "A Guide To" Selecting a Natural Gas Supplier is certain to provide you with insightful information to give you more confidence in your final decision.
This 100+ page manual includes a number of sections:
- An introduction to the natural gas industry.
- Today's natural gas environment and the choices available through deregulation.
- Natural gas cost components and how the price of the natural gas commodity is established.
- Market forces that cause natural gas prices to move up and down.
- The benefits and risks of using a natural gas marketer.
- How to find out which natural gas marketers serve your area.
- How to determine what you need so you can ask for what you want.
- Developing a request for proposal (RFP) to solicit bids from natural gas marketers to serve your business. A sample RFP is provided along with details on how to modify it to meet your individual needs.
- Critical items that marketers should be asked to address.
- What is basis and how to determine if a basis price is competitive?
- How to evaluate bid responses, and avoiding the apples to oranges comparisons.
- The contract review process, and what to look for in the contract.
- A copy of the North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) natural gas contract.
One of the most important components of the natural gas supplier selection process is the review of the final contract. However, because contracts are difficult to understand and vary dramatically from one marketer to the next, many times, this component isn't given the amount of attention it deserves. Therefore,as part of this manual, Energy Solutions, Inc. will purchase on behalf of your company, the North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) natural gas contract. NAESB serves as an industry forum for the development and promotion of standards, which will lead to a seamless marketplace for wholesale retail natural gas and electricity. While the NAESB contract is lengthy, it is thorough as it was developed by both sellers and buyers of natural gas.
Version 4 of this Guide will be released in 2012, at a price of $225 (includes shipping and the $50 cost of the NAESB contract). Delivery can be expected in approximately two weeks.
If you need it sooner, expedited shipping with a delivery in 3 business days, is also available for an additional cost of $50. If expedited shipping is requested, please call our office at (608) 848-6255 to place your order.